Business and pleasure travel came to a serious halt in 2020, but industry representatives say bookings for later in 2021 are soaring. If you’re considering a hotel stay, a few questions suggested by the Infectious Diseases Society of America may be worth asking. For example…
- Ask about current occupancy levels and limits the hotel or resort may have imposed.
- What Covid-specific policies has the hotel or resort put in place?
- Are face masks and social distancing measures required and enforced?
- Are there limits on the number of guests allowed in the lobby and other public spaces?
- How often are employees tested for the virus?
Finally, you may want to ask if the hotel’s HVAC system has hospital-quality filters and how long the hotel keeps a room empty between guest stays. Doing so for at least 24 hours is recommended as a way to clear the air of any aerosol transmissions. Other small measures to look for include sealed water glasses and strapped toilet seats in your room as well as self-parking, automated check-in and check-out, no-touch elevators and easily accessible staircases.