Going in for regular dental cleanings and exams is highly recommended, even though some 100 million Americans don’t visit a dentist each year.
Regular dental examinations and good oral hygiene can prevent most dental diseases and can help alert you to other problems at an early stage.
Whether or not you get regular dental cleanings and exams, here are a few signs or symptoms that you should always get checked out:
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- Red, tender or swollen gums
- Gums that start to pull away from your teeth
- Loose permanent teeth
- Changes in how your top and bottom teeth align with each other
- Unusual sensitivity to hot and cold
- Mouth sores that don’t heal
- Ongoing bad breath or an unusual taste in your mouth
Learn more at Jul.HopeHealth.com.
Source: American Dental Association