If you’ve never thought about trying to push yourself in physical activity, consider coming up with a specific goal. Then, go about getting your body in the shape to do it.
Many goal experts recommend making goals measurable, which usually means number-oriented. With that in mind, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Walk for 30 minutes without stopping.
- Bike 10 miles.
- Complete 100 sit-ups in 5 minutes.
- Do 3 pullups.
- Jog or run 1 mile without stopping.
- Hold a yoga plank position for 1 minute.
- Do 20 jumping jacks, crunches, squats, lunges or pushups during commercial breaks while watching TV.
- Take the stairs if you have 3 or fewer floors to go.
- Try 1 new activity each month – yoga, bike class, Pilates or something else.
- Go for a family walk after dinner 3 times a week.
Learn more at Jul.HopeHealth.com.