Many employers have asked for a simple list of Affordable Care Act requirements that apply to their business. Here are a few provisions for self-funded plans with plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2014.
- Eligibility waiting period maximum of 90 days
- Pre-existing conditions no longer permitted on anyone
- Annual dollar limits prohibited on essential health benefits
- Protections for those in clinical trials
- Out of pocket expenditures may not exceed $6,350 for individuals and $12,700 for families
- Revised wellness program rules
- Transitional reinsurance fee
For more information or help with any of these provisions, please contact us at your convenience.